ASUS has unleashed its flagship Pro WS TRX50-SAGE WIFI motherboard which features an insane 36-phase VRM for AMD Threadripper 7000 CPUs.
ASUS Pro WS TRX50-SAGE WIFI Is A Powerful Motherboard For AMD’s Threadripper 7000 CPUs
Offering support for AMD’s recently announced Ryzen Threadripper 7000 & Threadripper PRO 7000 CPUs, the ASUS WS TRX50-SAGE WIFI is a monstrous motherboard with tons of features to talk about.
Starting off with the specifications, we have the CEB form factor which features the AMD SP6 (LGA 4844) socket. This socket is powered by 36 power stages which are juiced up by dual 8-pin plugs & are cooled by a large VRM cooling solution that features several aluminum fins and a large heat-pipe array. The socket is surrounded by four DDR5 DIMM slots which support up to 1 TB of ECC R-DIMM (1DPC) memory.
- AMD SP6 socket supports up to 96-core CPUs: Ready for AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ PRO 7000 Series Processors and AMD Ryzen Threadripper 7000 Series Processors.
- CPU and memory overclocking: Support for up to 1TB ECC R-DIMM DDR5 memory modules (1DPC)
- Robust power and thermal design: 36 power stages with two 8-pin power connectors for the CPU, massive VRM cooling, chipset M.2 heatsinks, and M.2 thermal pad.
- Ultrafast connectivity: three PCIe® 5.0 x16 slots, 10 Gb & 2.5 Gb LAN ports, three M.2 slots, front and rear USB 20Gbps Type-C® and SlimSAS NVMe support.
- Server-grade IPMI remote management: hardware and software support for ASUS IPMI expansion cards, plus ASUS Control Center Express software for real-time monitoring and management
- Trusted stability: Validated for extensive compatibility with the latest technologies, an expansive QVL list, and tested for 24/7 operation
Other features of the ASUS Pro WS TRX50-SAGE WIFI motherboard include full overclocking for the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 7000 CPUs and also the memory modules. Connectivity is also strong and the motherboard gets three PCIe 5.0 x16 slots, two PCIe 4.0 x16 slots, & three M.2 Gen 5.0 x4 slots & rich I/O such as 10GbE and 2.5 GbE LAN Ports.
You will also find front and rear USB Type-C 20 Gbps ports along with Slim-NAS connectors. To power the large amount of PCIe lanes, the motherboard comes with two more power plugs, an 8-pin and a 6-pin next to the four SATA III ports. Overall, this motherboard is just insane and the pricing should reflect that.